Nov 29, 2006

100 Top Albums of All Time???

Take a look at the list of the TIMES TOP 100 Albums and post your comments about who you think is missing. It’s difficult to think of anything, that’s been produced lately, that will have a future influence on music. But to say that Sam Cooke, Muddy Waters and Elvis Presley are three of the top albums released in the last six years is too much of a stretch. All three deserve to be on the list because of their influence to music 50 years ago.

In the 90’s they have Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley and James Brown. Again great artists but their influence is long past. There are quite a few more I could argue about like in the 60’s they list The Velvet Underground. Lou Reed broke through several barriers and brought social commentary to music but in my opinion that album has only one great cut on it: Sweet Jane. I prefer his newer version from AOL Sessions.

Let me know what you think.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I like your blog. I shall have to check out the TIMES' album list, being an aging baby boomer. Is Elizabethtown anywhere near Scranton/Wilkes Barre. I live in Wyoming.